10 Ways To Make Writing EASY PEASY!

Some people struggle in writing. So before everything: making a literature pieces of work, publishing a book, monetizing them and else, we currently still have a very basic question, which is also a very basic reason to make a good writing. Yeah, that`s it. How to make a good writing? It`s difficult in the start, not because you really can`t write, but sometimes you have no idea about how to write something 'with your heart', make it easy, natural, and fun to read, just like when you write some captions in the social media. Right? It`s a very basic case every writer confronted. Before I published my works, I suffered on thinking how to make a good writing. When I was like 4 until 10, I began writing but did not know how to finish my works. It was a long way until my first short story was published in Media Indonesia, a national newspaper, when I was 11.

Apparently, to start from the beginning as a writer isn`t really a nightmare. Writing is actually something that everyone, literally can do. We don`t need to make it that hard. It`s all about practicing, proccess, and creatively make your own tricks. So below here are the methods I used on practicing how to write. Just be ready to apply these tips!


1) Read a lot of books and things!
I read a lot of stuffs since I could do it on the age of 3. As I grew up, I read more things and are various. I found that the more things you read, the more you enrich your vocabularies. I suggest you guys to read some different types of works. Don`t read only novellas, only non-fiction, only books from publisher one, publisher two. Just read as much as you can.What you`ll obtain are, vocabulary enrichment, broader insights, knowledge about the genres, and without conscious, you`ll memorize how to make a naturally-well-written work.

2) Start from writing what`s on your mind
Wait no more! Just start writing. Practicing is always begun by the simplest step. Before you write an essay, a novel, or longer works, it is absolutely okay to start by making a short story, maybe a fiction, an opinion, an experience, or anything that`s literally inside your mind that you won`t have to suppress yourself. Just be natural, believe me, you`ll figure out your writing is better read that way.

3) Write as much as possible
Like any other activities, if you wanna do it well, you`ll have to do it frequently. Before I can make writing an easy thing to do, I wrote everything, everyday. I tried this writing style, that style, adding my new vocabularies on my works. And I finally found out about myself: my character, and which style is good for me. It`s basically the easiest step to do to be a good writer: spend your time writing and be ready for your skills being improved.

4) Get to know yourself!
The 3 steps up there are the steps for the very beginning. Now, we`re entering the more serious step. Just kidding, don`t push yourself, let`s make writing a fun activity! Now, you`re going to think, what types of writer are you? No! It`s not about restricting yourself to only write a science article, a romance, a historical fiction or anything. It`s about understanding yourself. Remember to always be yourself while writing. When you`re on the next step: submitting your works to publisher, you`ll have to follow the guidelines and adapt with the editor`s favorite style. It doesn`t mean you can`t be yourself. You may follow the guideline to be accepted, but don`t forget to write with your own character, 'leave your soul in the writings', readers will find your works more 'alive'. 

5) Make an outline
Do you know what outline is? It`s like a structure of your writing. You`ll make a note of what are you going to fill in your work. For example, when you write a novel, you write the chapters, what may happen in every chapter, so you`re not confused while writing, because you already knew what you`ll write next. But don`t forget to keep being creative!

6) Set your goals
Discipline is hard, but is a key to success. Set your goals! Make such planning where you make a list of things you`re going to write, how many pages you should write per day, where do you want to write to, and make some deadlines. It does nothing but motivates you to keep writing, practicing, making better results, and be discipline, and productive.


7) Make a personal blog
Making a blog means you have a space to express yourself, start to be confident by letting people read your works, before you finally submit your writings to a newspaper, magazine, publisher, or the other blogs which accept guest writer. Even though it`s a personal blog, don`t leave the totality! Write the best thing in the best way. You can also ask your readers, probably the close ones, to comment about your posts, and you`ll know how to make a likeable writing. 
   
8) Try submitting your works to medias
Don`t settled down your articles or fictions in your folder. Get ready to contribute to some websites. Or magazine, newspaper, and when you finally can make a longer works, get rid of your hesitation, finish some books and publish it - no matter if you decide to do a traditional publishing, or self-publishing instead (I`ll explain about this in another occassions). Don`t give up if the editor rejects your submission. Instead, this is where you can learn and have a benchmark. Sometimes you don`t get paid too, for writing (I wasn`t get paid when I wrote to Aprinesia and Homeschooling Teen ), but this opportunity helps you improving skills, and be confident.


9) Attend some writing workshops, seminaries, and talkshows
This may need some outputs. But you`ll earn more positive things! I attended a lot of workshops and seminaries to hear from experienced writers. They`ll give you writing tips. Not only that, they usually shares about making money from writing, and tips to get approved by major publishers. When you meet a professional writer, you`ll also get motivated and this is good for your writing career. It`s amazing because I`ve attended these workshops and a few years later I became the speakers of the workshops!

10) Always edit your works after finishing them!
I almost forgot this step when I made this list, so I hope you pardon my oblivion, that editing be the last on the list. Editing is the laziest thing to do, but in most of the times... fatal. Typos, less-precise word selection, and the other mistakes, can be a problem not only for the reader, but also for you! If you submit them to the publishers, some editors would immediately reject and not giving any tolerance, even if some are tolerant to those mistakes. Instead of editing, right after you finished writing, have some gaps between writing and editing. You may have a break for several hours, or a night. With a fresh mind, you`ll edit and have a better result.

So here`s the 10 ways to make writing EASY PEASY in my version. Not only easy, but also to make it well-written and people would love your writings! Don`t miss any step, start to write, and earn many readers! Goodluck!

Comments

Popular Posts