Smart Ways To Be A Productive Writer

Writing is basically simple. But being discipline is hard.

Like... dude, every writer must be feeling this; how you catch an idea, start writing, you get no writer`s block but all that happens is you`re lazy. "I still have tomorrow" or "I feel tired right now. I`ll write next time" are such examples of excuse that we do. We make it continuously, however. And this is why we can`t approach our targets effectively.

Look, 
discipline is number one.


And why I`m saying this is because I`m one of you who suffered in almost of my entire time attacking idleness of writing. Sometimes I survive, sometimes I give up. When I gave up, I could spend a month without writing and publishing anything, it`s true. But finally, I found a clever trick to keep being on track while doing a writing project. Applying this trick, I am ultimately able to against my laziness. I turn out being more productive, except when I am too busy, too tired, or... sick.

Well... it doesn`t have to be writing 10 pages straight in a day, one novella script in a month. It`s just about being productive and being clear about what you do. I mean, you`re not writing a lot of pages in a day, but you leave it and switch to another project because you`re more interested to the other one. This is the reason why you have a lot of files in your computer, unfinished, unpublished, and we cannot say it is a productivity. 

I don`t have too many hacks, sometimes I`m clueless, though. But below here are sure the best things I tried and apparently successful.

1) Make a planner
It`s very simple. You can make a planner where you`ll write your project name, its type (for example; novella, article), its target (magazine, website, book publisher, writing contest), and deadline. If you`re joining some writing competitions they already set the deadline for you. But when it`s your own project, you have to set your own deadline. In my previous experiment, I tried not to set a deadline and ended up making it too flexible. Although I had a planner, I didn`t finish my projects because there`s no deadline. I started to set a date where I should finish my project and it works better. By the way, some people love to make a cute and eye-catching planner. They say it helps them to enjoy the project. Anyway, if you`re super lazy and nonchalant ... like me :v you can just make it simple as long your planner doesn`t look making you stressed out.

2) Make a writing schedule
This is a bit different with planner. Let me show you. If you want to be productive in writing, you should assume that writing is as important as some stuffs in your life like... eating, school, sleeping (wait, what :v). Which means when you leave them, or do them out of schedule, you can be really stressed and agitated. Just kidding, it doesn`t have to be that strict. But the point is, it`s good to make a writing schedule, like in what time should you write, how long at least should you spend time writing, how many pages should you finish in 3 hours sitting in front of the computer. Yeah, it`s kinda like eating. If you delay eating and in incorrect portion, you can suffer gastritis. If you delay writing, and in deficient portion, you`ll suffer unproductivity.

3) Set the priority
I`ve been confused determining which project should I finish first. Should I write to my blog, or submitting something to a magazine where I will get earning and being more known as a writer? Have you ever find it happening? To overcome this, you can set the priority. Finish the most profitable project first. What I mean profitable can be different to you, it can be seen from many viewpoints. Maybe a project with most earnings, most approval possibility, most impact to your popularity. Well, it`s actually a step that you do before setting a deadline.

4) Remember your purpose
When you`re less productive, remember about your purpose. Remember about the earnings you are wishing, productivity you want to reach, and your dreams to be a successful writer. It may be simple but it really helps me boosting the passion to write. 

5) Talk to your productive friends 
This is the last thing I do when I have no idea of what to do. As a writer, it`s good to have a lot of writer friends. And yeah, I have many writer friends I met online nor offline. Some people say, being in a particular zone can predispose you. When I`m in a productive writer`s zone, I`m pushed to be productive as well. Sometimes I also talk to them and ask some advice. It actually really helps!

Not that hard, isn`t it? It`s just about being discipline. Then with your creativity and skill, you sure are ready to be a productive and successful writer. If you find this post helpful, don`t forget to share the link so more people will get helped. Goodluck!

Comments

Popular Posts